So you get your baby home and at first it's basic maintenance: feed him, change him, bathe him, and launder lots of his used and abused burp cloths, clothes (sometimes yours too when they get caught in the crossfire), and bibs. But now comes something different, and frankly something a lot more fun. We recently found out a couple of weeks ago from Elijah's honorary grandma here in Athens, Gammy G, or Kelly my wonderful co-worker and friend, that he enjoyed sitting and even standing up. Well, that certainly was news to us. Billy and I sometimes feel like ignorant and fumbling parents looking for the instructions on how to work this thing. We just don't seem to know these seemingly obvious things. But thankfully, many a parent has reassured us that they didn't know these things either their first time out. Apart from sitting and standing with assistance it looks like Elijah is on the verge of rolling over. I can see his determination and hear his grunts as he tries to force himself over. It sure is amazing to see the discovery of human development and that something so simple like rolling over isn't as easy as it seems. I thought maybe I'd see a 'first' today. I guess the day is not over yet. My only fear is that someone else, namely our new babysitter, will see it before me.
One other funny thing about today. I happened to glance at myself in the mirror and admire all the lovely spit up stains on my shirt. Now normally, there's really nothing funny about that in particular, except today I have on my 'Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive' t-shirt. I realize that the people who can actually shop on Rodeo Drive aren't really sporting the latest lilac, embroidered tee like I am today, but I thought "Now, I'm about as far away from glamourous as you could possibly get." But good news...I did brush my teeth today!
1 comment:
Ya'll are doing a great job. I can't believe how big he is getting. I can't wait to see all of you. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment