Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Loot

Elijah just experienced his first Christmas. He sure did rack up for such a little guy. He got toys galore, as well as a stack of new clothes. I'm a little jealous. Especially since he grew weary of unwrapping after the first gift, and turned his attention to tasting shiny bows.

Elijah also got a little sick over the holidays. He never had a fever, and stayed relatively happy. But we had to take him to a pediatrician on Tuesday and she subscribed breathing treatments to help him with congestion. Not a fun procedure. Elijah's not so keen on having a mask over his face, so he spends the whole ten minutes of the treatment screaming. And we have to do this twice a day. The nurse said that him screaming actually helps him breathe in more of the medicine, but it feels like I'm gassing my child. He does calm down as soon as its over, and I find it quite humorous that he then reaches for the mask, wanting to play with it. What a funny little boy.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

What a great picture. I love it. Sorry you have to suffer though the treatments.l Hopefully you won't have to do them too much longer.