This morning before church I fixed some smoothies for the family. Stephanie and I had our cups while I fixed Elijah a small amount in one of his small mugs. He took a few bites using a spoon and remarked, "This good," but also that he would wait and "Eat mo lateh." Well, who knows when later is for him, and besides, smoothies don't last forever (especially when I'm around).
Well I finished mine and then partook of the rest of his (what I occasionally do when the meal is good to me but not to him). I was just taking the dishes to the sink when Elijah took a break from playing, came over to the table and with an panicked expression remarked, "Where's my smoovie?"
It pained me to break the news to him and then watch as he began wheeping and whinning, "I want my smoovie."
Well don't I feel like a jerk.
No comments:
Post a Comment