Sometimes ordinary phrases can take on unexplainable humorous and endearing qualities when uttered from a toddler's lips. Here are a few examples:
"Good Grief"
Stephanie: "What's your name?"
Elijah": "I not supuh skeez anymo."
Stephanie: "You're not?"
Elijah: "No. It was in the movie, I guess."
Stephanie: "Who are you then?"
Elijah: "I-jah! Good geef, Mama."
"It's Okay"
Sunday afternoon, once Elijah finished his lunch and we were preparing some desert, we glance over to discover our child perched on the kitchen table. "What are you doing, son?" I asked.
He quickly replied, "I'm sitting on the table, but it's okay."
Often he explains forbidden actions with this response. Either that, or when his sister is interfering with his play time. "Just put baby sistuh in huh swing. It's okay."
"Thank You"
This phrase is always a pleasure to hear. And it surprises us often when he says it.
"Thank you fo dinnuh, Mama."
"Thank you fo pulling my pants up, Daddy."
"Thank you fo paying wit me."
"Thank you fo taking me to duh pahk."
"Thank you fo changing me."
No comments:
Post a Comment