"My Buhthday"
It's our own fault, really. In an attempt to gather insight into his toy preferences, we've been asking him for months, "What do you want for your birthday?" So now, he wants it all:
"I want to get one of those foh my buhthday," he often tells us. And he's not just referring to a toy in the aisle at Walmart. No, its an entire playground at the park, or a neighbor's golf cart, or the tractor out in front of my work. He wants it all. The other day Elijah informed Stephanie that he "was lookin on the computeh foh things me want foh my bithday." Like father, like son.
"Because I wan-to"
This is the toddler reason for doing anything. "Why do you want to wear that shirt? Why do you want to go upstairs? Why (fill in the blank)?" The answer is always the same: "Because I wan-to."
"I talkin to you."
It used to be that our little boy would wake up in the morning and ask sweetly for one parental unit or another, "Maaa-maa" or "Daaa-ddyyy." Overtime his call has become a little more demanding. Funny thing is, he's perfectly able to get out of his crib, especially since we leave the side down. He will come out eventually if we don't respond, but generally he waits for us to come into his room. It's quite amusing to hear him yell in short burst: "MAMA! MAMA! I talkin to you!" "DADDY! DADDY! You not lisen to me."
"Watchadoin?"
Ahhh, the inquisitive toddler. I had several friends down last weekend, and they were bombarded by, "Watchadoin?" It was quite amusing to watch. It has become his favorite phrase, one that we hear constantly. And once he gets a satisfied answer, he responds with an interested, "Oh."
Of course when we ask him this question, especially when he's suspiciously missing from sight and we call upstairs: "I not doin anyting, weally." Now we know somethings up.
No comments:
Post a Comment