Sunday, June 26, 2011

Squeeze-isms, Part 3

Funny Wordin
I like the way Elijah says, "Recypacles" (recycables) and "Baniya iceceam" (vanilla ice-cream). And when he wants to color, it sounds closer to "cuddle" so we usually exclaim loudly, "Oh, you want to cuddle?" and give him a giant squeeze. He usually giggles and pronounces loudly "Cah-Lah!"


Funny Sayings
He's recently taken to using sayings like, "How bout dat," or exclaiming, "Oh wow!" with each step he takes into the pool.


Yummy
He's taken to calling grilled pimento cheese sandwiches "Yummy samich." This last batch of hamburgers apparently hit the spot because for the next few days he requested "Yummy hambuhguh" for lunch. And after trying a piece of Milka Toffee Crunch, Elijah asks us, "You want some yummy chocate?"


Questions, Questions
"Why?" like with every toddler, has become Elijah's favorite word. He asks it about everything. Yet when we ask him the same question, the answer is always the same (with a whine): "Because I wan-to!"

And no meal would be complete without him asking, "Is dinuh weady?"


Other Stuff
One day while putting on his shoes, Elijah tells me, "You take me to lunch... But not chickfahaa, we go deuh on satuhday. We go, let's see, we go to the westaunt."

A few weeks ago he woke up before I left for work. He was sitting at his little table eating his cereal when he told me, "You cant go yet. I'm sill eatin. You got to give me a hug and a kiss."

No comments: