Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Toddler Mind

I find it fascinating how the toddler mind works, from opening every thing that can be opened or touching anything that is within arms reach (and beyond), it seems like Elijah is always looking for trouble.

I'm also fascinated by his questions. The other day Stephanie called me at work to tell me about this one.

"Mama, does Darth Vader have ears?"

Then last weekend at a friend's party, Elijah persisted in asking any adult that wondered near the television, "Can I watch T.V.?" Even after telling him several times that we were there to spend time with people, not veg-out. Although it was fun to see people's confused reaction as I'm sure I would be in that situation where it was neither my child nor my house.

A while later he boldly asked a guy, "What's your name?"

"Paul," he answered.

Elijah did not hesitate. "I have a Lego named Paul. He poops."

Stephanie then had to explain her son's vintage Fabuland toys and her own foul humor that has apparently rubbed off on her offspring.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Sounds like you're going to need some more t-shirts!