Friday, September 16, 2011

Kitchen Trouble

Right now I am sitting at my desk at work, eating some an iron fortified pasta dish. Why is it iron fortified you ask?

Well, Wednesday night after we all had finished eating and were getting Aubrey ready for bed, we made the mistake of letting Stephanie's son (you know where this is going) run around without supervision. Once I went looking for him, I met him running out of the kitchen with that mischievious grin on his face. I immediately asked him what he was doing in the kitchen. He said something about oatmeal. I tried to clarify, and then asked him to show me what he was talking about. He let me into the middle of the kitchen, and then ran off exclaiming, "Right deah." I looked around and then saw what he was talking about. There was our dinner, still in the caserole dish cooling, with a mound of baby rice cereal on top. Nice. Stephanie did scrape off most of it, and it hasn't really effected the taste or anything.

I've heard people say stuff about "The Terrible Two's." Maybe its just our child, but the two's were fantastic. He was an angel. But that sinful nature came out just before his third birthday, and his little "Will" has been asserting its independence ever since. Just pray for our sanity... and our leftovers.

No comments: