Yesterday was Elijah's first big screen movie, Cars 2. He got all dressed up in his Lightning McQueen Shirt and Rust-eze pants; I painted "95" on one cheek and a lightning bolt on the other; and he made sure to bring along his Lightning McQueen and Mater cars for the experience. It was good fun, and I think Elijah really enjoyed it. I know for sure he like the Toy Story short in the beginning after he said the movie was "geat" because "Toys-towee" was in it.
It was funny sitting there for the commercials and previews and Elijah asking me when Lightning McQueen was coming. He even asked me the same questions ten minutes in the movie when McQueen still failed to show up. And about an hour in he started asking me if it was going to be over soon. I guess this was a little longer than he normally is used to.
Afterwards we headed to the library in Danielsville to return the books and DVDs (and pick up a few more). I was headed down 29 about to turn onto 72 (towards home) when Elijah yells from the backseat, "Go Straight! Daddy, Go Straight." I quickly realized he was correct and merged back over to go through straight. Apparently I always need someone else to navigate. Thank you, Elijah.

No comments:
Post a Comment