Saturday, May 5, 2012
Trading Spaces
As is sometimes the afternoon routine, I took a nap with Elijah today (me on the bottom bunk, him on the top). As I was trying to drift off to sleep (and hoping Elijah would do the same), I heard several soft thuds. Occasionally Elijah's stuffed animals are thrill seekers and launch themselves off the top bunk, but only when Elijah is there to give them an encouraging push. I told him to "stop throwing stuff and go to sleep." After a few minutes I heard him climb down the ladder, and suspected that he had to go the bathroom. However, he did not return until a while later. I inquired to his absence, "What were you doing? Did you go to the bathroom?"
"No," he replied. "I was sleeping."
"Where were you sleeping? We're you on the couch in the living room?"
"No. I was sleeping in your bed."
"Why were you sleeping in my bed."
"Cause you were talking too much."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment