Thursday, January 17, 2013

The New Screen Door


This Christmas, our wonderful family helped provide funds for a little home improvement. So after a little research, we picked out a screen door from Home Depot and brought it home for Daddy to do a little install. At first, Elijah was all about helping, but of course, the box was the most exciting, and once the language crossed over the PG rating, it was best for him to find something else to occupy his time. So I started Tuesday afternoon on my day off installing the door. There was a few things I had to redo, and for the most part, it was fairly easy. I took my time, read the directions, and then walk over to my neighbor's yard to borrow a 9/16 drill bit that I didn't have, then walk back over to borrow a drill that would actually hold said drill bit. At one point, I was getting rather frustrated with a few seemingly impossible screws (middle picture), and I was about kick a hole through the side of my house, but after that, the rest went smoothly, and after today (Thursday), it's finally complete. What can I say, I'm awesome!

No comments: