Monday, May 12, 2014

Aubrey's Audibles, Part 3

There's nothing cuter than when the kids fight over who prays at dinner. "ME!" they both exclaim. Here's an example of Aubrey's prayers: "Tank ew foh Mama, Dayee, E, Doshewah, me, my foo (food), my biseh (biscuit), my juwece (juice), ahmee (Amen)!"

"I tozy." (I cozy) as she pulls the blankets up to her chin.

"I go poyee." we hear whispered from the hallway, just minutes after we tucked her in. I go and turn the bathroom light on for her as she sits in her little potty. Then, she tells me to leave, "Geh ouyah he-uh." Once she's done, she enjoys flushing the toilet and waving to the vortex, "Bye, bye, poop and pee and bubbuhs (bubbles) and toyee papuh (toilet paper)."

After Aubrey kept snatching large crumbs from Elijah's chocolate cupcake (she had not finished her dinner), I had to pop her hand. She whimpered and disappeared for a minute. When she returned, he announced, "I wipe my fank (spank) off."

When I soaked Elijah with the water gun and he continued to wear his sopping wet clothes, Aubrey got a good spray from her brother once, cried about it, then completely stripped in the garage before going inside to change.

"Johuh-wheen," or George Swing. Better known as Curious George. If you know the theme song, it all makes sense.

When asked by the girls watching her at church why she looked so cute, Aubrey replied, "Cah my Dayee pick ow my owfeh." (Because my Daddy picked out my outfit)

No comments: