Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Toilet Incident

So yesterday, as I was finishing the last of my yard work for the evening, Stephanie comes to tell me that even though she just gave Aubrey a bath and Elijah was to be taking one, they were in need of some serious cleaning. As she was putting Joshua to sleep for the night, the older two decided to play in the toilet. Yep, you read correctly. Two of my children were playing in the toilet. And not just with their hands, but with their heads. Aubrey came running to me as I came in from outside with a sopping wet, potty head. Luckily there was no debris, but the very idea of what they had done disturbed me. So I gave them both a good scrub down, in which they giggled and laughed at one another until they were clean, dressed, and tucked into bed.

Perhaps I should have laughed at the whole situation, but I found it rather disgusting and frustrating, seeing I was having to give them a second bath at 9 o'clock while all hot and tired. And why is it that all we hear is arguing and bickering throughout the day, and then when its time to settle down and go to sleep, the children seem to be best friends (especially when its one form of mischief or another)? Parenting is not for the faint of heart.

No comments: