Today both Elijah and I received a wonderful birthday gift from my dear parents. Well, it was Elijah's birthday gift, but I got to go along. Grandda, myself, and Elijah (three generations of Neals) took a trip to Lenox Square to the Legoland Discovery Center. We enjoyed a small tour of how Legos are made, then hopped aboard a small interactive ride where we got to shoot at various themed bad guys with Lego modeled pistols. Afterwards, we got to build a race car and race other cars down a track. Elijah wasn't too interested, so he ended up running around the play area while I finished making mine. Several kids complimented my creation (it did look pretty cool), but it proved too top heavy and kept getting stuck on the release. Oh, well.
Elijah's really enjoyed the 4D movies (all four of them), where they integrate wind, water (for rain, waterfall spray, and giant sneezes), and snow, along with 3D glasses, to make it a multi-sensory experience. His other favorite activity was building with the giant foam Legos (which we kept coming back to), constructing houses, large pedestals and towers (as shown above). I'd love to have those at home.
Inspired by his trip, Elijah took to making his own creations the next day, like his Lego ship (top right). It was a great trip, one we all really enjoyed. Thank you Grandmommy and Grandda.

No comments:
Post a Comment