Frozen Influence
After I started to fall asleep aster reading a story at bedtime, Aubrey patted my head and said, "wake up," and then asked, "Do you want to build a snowman?"
The Thumb
Today, after I got home, I watched my little girl suck her thumb as she watched "George Swing" (Curious George) on Stephanie's kindle. "Hey," I said to her, "stop sucking your thumb."
I can't remember the exact words she used, but she reasoned something along these lines: "I can suck my thumb at night and its night time, so I can suck my thumb." Then she added. "I watch one more, and then I go to bed."
"Sweety," I tried to explain. It's only six o'clock. We're about to eat dinner. It's just dark outside because of the rain. It's still early, and you need to stop sucking your thumb."
It is so hard to enforce this one when she is so absolutely adorable.
Sweet Request
Tonight, after I prayed, Aubrey told me expressively, “I have two tings to teh you.”
“What things?” I asked with a smile, enamored with everything my adorable daughter says (well, except for the occasional back-talk).
“Fuhst, I wan-to kiss ew.” To which I gladly bent down to receive my blessing. “What else?” I then asked.
“I wan some watuh.” I gladly complied to this request as well. After all, you do catch more flies with honey. Which makes me wonder. Is she naturally sweet, or am I being played?
No comments:
Post a Comment