Saturday, December 6, 2014

Aubrey's Audibles, Part 7

New Bedtime Ritual
Aubrey has taken to taking her pajama pants off every night... and sometimes even the top. We've walked in there a few nights to cover her up, and find her curled up in her panties. The strangest part to me, is that it's winter, and we keep out house set at 67 degrees (which it does get a little warmer in the afternoon on those sunny days). The other night I came in to tuck her in, and she had already halfway disrobbed.
"Where are your pants?" I asked.
"I take dem off," she answered.
"Why?"
"Cause I was cold."
"Cold? Shouldn't you have been hot?"
"My bed Jammie's too comfy, and I wanted blanket-Ee on me."
I fail to see any logic in this conversation.

Wait, What?
On Halloween, Aubrey and Elijah received chocalate frogs from G-Mommy. But it was strange to hear my little girl say enthusiastically, "Mmmmm... That fwog is tasty!"

Hangry Tummy
A few weeks ago, she came to breakfast very hungry (probably after turning her nose up at dinner the night before).
"My belly is a monster!" she exclaimed.

Delighted Response
The other night, after we decorated for Christmas, we watched polar express with the kids. When Stephanie brought the kids hit chocolate, Aubrey expressed with an abundance of enthusiasm after the first sip, "It feels sooooo good!"

No comments: