Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lil' J Update...

...For lack of a better title. There are just so many things I should be blogging about for our third and often forgotten child. So where should I begin?

Joshua is still not pronouncing any words yet, although he is definitely saying a lot lately. The other day we heard him just babbling away in his room. I walk in to find him just sitting on his brother's bed, talking away.He often points and babbles, especially in the bath tub when he points to another toy he wants and makes monster grumbles.

As a side note, the other day Elijah was looking for his toy compass. Stephanie asked him, "Did you ask Aubrey if she had it?" His response was priceless: "Yes, and Joshua didn't even answer me?" Me neither, son.

Joshua also tends to like playing with Aubrey's dolls. Of course, a boy plays quite different than a girl, because instead of cradling the child and laying her carefully in a crib, he drops her water baby on the ground and step on her tummy to make her squeek. The other day, he was carrying her around without clothes (the doll, not Joshua). Aubrey thought the sight was amusing, laughed and said, "Joshua playin with naked, poop-butt baby."

If Elijah is our social sport kid, Joshua is the motor-head of the family. All things trucks and trains, he'll normally ignore what his siblings are watching on the television in the playroom. But one day I came home to see all three kids glued to the Kindle. Needless to say, they were watching Thomas the Train. I'm intrigued by his level of interest, because even though his brother played with cars, I don't remember Elijah even lighting up and babbling with excitement everytime he saw the blue engine. But Joshua, he'll now run to the front doors or windows to our church everytime he hears the horn of a passing train (our church is right across the street of the railroad tracks). Or how excited he was when he got new train sheets from his Grandmommy and Grandda. Jay loves trains.

No comments: