Sunday, August 10, 2008

My New Best Friend

Hello, everyone!  I'd like to tell you about my new best friend.  He has a wonderfully, calming presence and makes everyone so happy to be around.  What's his name you ask?  He goes by only one name, Soothie.  That's right, my new best friend is a pacifier named Soothie.  He's wonderful.  Now he isn't that cute button of a pacifier, in fact, he's a little homely if you ask me.  But he makes my little guy calm down like no one else can, not even mama or daddy.  Of course Grandmommy is coming today, so she might have the same Soothie touch. We'll have to see. 

So this is how I met my friend, Soothie.  Last week was my second week back at work and a friend of ours called in a favor to her babysitter.  So Elijah saw Miss Ann on Monday and Thursday.  After coming and picking him up on Monday I asked how he was.  She said he was pretty good but fussed a little, until they introduced him to Soothie.  Apparently they were fast friends.  Which made me remember, hey, someone gave me a bag full of pacifiers, and I think there were a couple of those in there.  So I rummaged through a zip lock bag and found my little green buddy.  So there you have it the story of Stephanie and Soothie.  Who says there aren't benefits to going back to work!?!  I would have never been introduced to Soothie otherwise. 

2 comments:

Kayla said...

Yea! I'm so glad you found one that worked. Brenna never liked that one, but I know several others that did like that one.

Anonymous said...

:) so happy you have found a bit of paradise!