Perhaps you remember this one: "Stinky Rodigueez" Or as some have recalled "Stinky Rodriguez." Well, Stephanie continued to refer to our child as this for a while, even lengthening it to rhyme: "Stinky Rodigueezey," until it developed into its shorter forms "Stinky," or less insulting "S. Gueez." Now what's humorous about this second form (or its run together "Sgueez") is its natural progression to a similar sounding english word "Squeeze," and thus to the cuter form "Squeezey." And I have to confess, I myself have even adopted this one. How can I now look at my child, knowing how sqeezable he is, and not call him "Squeezey."
2 comments:
Can't help but notice how close "Squeezy" is to "Squeegy"! P.S., I'm writing this comment from my PS3!
I have to agree with Nathan. I was about to make the same comment before I even read his. If I remember correctly Squeegy is one of Stephanie's favorite words.
Post a Comment