Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Party

This past weekend was Elijah's first birthday party. He really racked up on the gifts: a wagon, a car, a motorcycle, and that was just for him to ride in. I was pretty jealous. And yet, with all the new additions, he would rather carry around the ancient toy from my childhood. Not to mention that he protested all attempts to have him help us with the unwrapping, preferring to be unrestrained and into mischief elsewhere.

So after the torment of opening all his packages came the grand event. Elijah was stripped to a diaper and placed in the highchair. We sang "Happy Birthday," and let him dig in. The cake was a special creation of Stephanie's: a carrot cake with sugarless, cream cheese frosting. He went straight for the pineapple on top, and after a few hesitant tastes, dove into the rest. To be honest, his cake was better than the one for everyone else. I know, because there were a few of us that were brave enough to salvage from the massacred mess left on the tray. So, our apologies to everyone who attended. We didn't realize his cake would turn out so good, so we'll try to provide deliciousness to all the party guest next year.

I could describe it all in greater detail, but a picture is worth a thousand words. And although I'm not sure what that makes a video worth, here is another short film of "The Squeeze."

2 comments:

Kayla said...

That video is priceless. So sorry we missed the party. I can't believe he is so big now. What a cute little Squeeze you have.

Nathan said...

I must say, the video is done extremely well, with music matching perfectly the mood of a 1st birthday cake. BTW, where did you find it and who is the artist. The last thing I will say is for you and anyone else in attendance, please don't sing without my direct supervision anymore. Thank you! Can't wait to see you guys!