Tuesday, March 2, 2010
The Great "Blizzard" of 2010
The weather the past few weeks has been highly unpredictable. Two weekends ago it was sunny and warm. One couldn't help but think spring was just around the corner. Right now as I write this, it is snowing outside. However, with the temperature above freezing, this will inevitable be a dissapointing snowfall.
Three weekends ago, it was an entirely different story. Starting Friday night, we were not only blessed with over three inches of snow, but with electric power to keep us warm. That was the part we were most excited about.
The scene was beautiful come Saturday morning, and we couldn't wait to go outside and play. Stephanie and I had another snowball fight during Elijah's nap, but what I enjoyed most was watching Elijah take a renewed interest in what was an unpleasant experience last year.
When I think of playing in the snow, I think of snow angels, building snowmen, and snowball fights. But my twenty-month-old son took the most interest, not in the fluffy pure-white snow, but the dirty icicles hanging from the truck. Time and again he would grab these daggers and proceed to the edge of the driveway where he would carefully place the ice in the snow.
It's fascinating to watch him take great pleasure in the simple things. Too often in my "maturity" I have mistakenly thought that I have thoroughly explored a thing, only to discover through a child's eyes that I have barely scratched the surface.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love all your postings--pictures, videos, sound/music. All of these will become even more precious as the years go by. Keep these coming!
Much love, Grandmommy
I know I'm late on this, but: You'll shoot you're eye out, kid!"
Post a Comment