Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Time Out


Recently, Elijah has started to spit (like he's blowing air... but spraying a fine mist along with it). To make matters worse, he finds the act quite amusing. His parents... not so much. I have to confess, I'm finding this difficult to combat. It's not like I can truly make him stop (like taking a toy, or removing him from a forbidden area). So telling him to stop probably encourages the behavior (which he then does again with a grin).

So Sunday night we tried a little time-out. I really don't think he even grasped the concept. One minute he would fuss, and the next minute he would start playing with his feet against the wall. To top it off, Elijah decided to give himself a little "time-out" (for no reason) last night by dragging his red chair over to the corner and assuming the position. Somehow I envisioned discipline not being so enjoyable to him. Sigh. Maybe I should try something else.

No comments: