Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So Big

So I've spent a good five days with my little girl and I guess I got used to her 8 pound, tiny body, because as I helped my "little" boy get dressed and changed his diaper, reality suddenly hit me. I guess spending nearly every day for almost three years with this child has numbed me to his constant growth. Not too long ago he had a 8 pound, tiny body. But now his hands, his fingers, his feet are so big, and his diapers are enormous (not to mention what he puts in them ;-).

Elijah, Aubrey, and Mama holding hands.
How did I miss that my little boy isn't so little anymore? And will it continue to hit me with such realization every few years? I guess we have to hold a tiny infant every now in then just to get some perspective on how quickly time passes us by. Pretty soon my little girl's hand will be as big as her brother's. And his hand will be as big as mine. The thought makes me want to hold fast to the moment and wish I could find a way to slow time down. Indeed the days can be long, but the years are so, so short.

No comments: