Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Secret Life of Au-Bee

I love my little girl. She's quiet that character at 15 months. She cracks me up how she runs to the refrigerator first thing in the morning, points and grunts to demand her morning milk. And speaking of grunts, I think its funny how she doesn't do to many "mama / dada" sounds, but more "mmmmm"s and "uuuu"s as she emphatically voices her concerns. Now when chaos arises and her brother is trying to place the blame on her, she comes running in, pointing and grunting as if to say, "it was him!" And you can always tell when she's doing something she knows she's not suppose to, because she makes the trouble sound, some kind of devious monstrous growl. It's quite humorous to witness. I think its interesting how she's differed from her brother. Unlike Elijah, she hardly ever spat up (where as we had to arm him with perpetual bibs), and she's always kept her drooling under control. Whereas both kids would throw things on the floor at dinner table, I don't ever remember Elijah deliberately and surreptitiously throwing food off the side of the highchair. Aubrey's much more the careful calculator, looking back to see if we're watching before climbing right back on the chair we removed her from. And speaking of climbing, she climbs on everything, and we keep finding her standing on everything, from activity tables to counter tops. Its funny to observe her sleep, thumb in the mouth and, if not on her side, flat on her stomach (unlike her brother who sleeps on his back, sprawled out in all directions). She's a quiet sleeper like her father, because she breaths through her nose (her mouth is too full of thumb); whereas Elijah takes after his mother, the mouth breather, and you can tell he's asleep by just standing outside the door and listening. Its fun to see her carry her Build-A-Bear or other stuffed animal around in a one arm clutch. Sometimes she gets attached to something in the store and with a vice-like grip she'll refuse to let go. One time in Goodwill she found herself a doll which Stephanie let her carry around, then left Aubrey in my care to deal with the repercussions. We were about to leave, and Aubrey was refusing to relinquish the doll, and I set my face anticipating the shrill outcry of unjust treatment once I pried it from her fingers. I was not disappointed, and two ladies nearby rather enjoyed the reaction. Screaming Child = Adorable, I know.

No comments: