Friday, July 27, 2012

Parenting Fail

Today we went to the Monkey Tree House while we are here in Tennessee with G-Mommy, Aunt Riya, GP and Grandma Mary. The kids had a blast playing, Especially Elijah who plays really well with some of the other kids. I hope he continues being so bold and proactive in making friends. Aubrey got her usual precious comments from other parents and did her best to be a monkey in the tree house climbing on everything. At one point Stephanie asked me if we should let her go down the twisty tube slide. I said, "sure." Stephanie gently let her down, and I was ready at the bottom. Well of course her sandle caught on the plastic and she started tumbling down the slide. I was there to catch her, but not before she bonked her head. Aubrey then proceeded to launch into tearful cries, and Stephanie and I embarrassingly admitted that our decision was a poor one. I just knew that every mom in the building was thinking, "I could have told you that was a bad idea." Parenting Fail!

1 comment:

paul@pdowneysr.com said...

We sure had a "blast" visiting with all of you! Elijah is a fun child and Aubrey is a cute little waif - and both bundles of energy. We are so happy that you could come to Nashville and visit Mary and me. You both look very happy and enjoy being with your kids.
Love GP and Gramma Mary