Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Squeezisms, Part 7

Funny Wordin
He refers to the porch (either one) as the "fwont back powech."

Elijah calls OJ with pulp "furry juice."

"Fidryant hygent" = Fire hydrant

"Ping-pong" = See-saw

Did he just say that?
There are times when we say our prayers that Stephanie or I will rub Elijah's back. Apparently he likes this, because a while back he told me, "Rub my back while you pray. Pray for a long time. Pray for a long, long, long time."

After seeing a picture of peas in one of Aubrey's books, Elijah explained, "And these are grapes in a boat."

The other night, Stephanie was getting Elijah into his bead, and apparently slammed her head down on his knee in the dark. "Ow!" she exclaimed. She got little sympathy from her son, "You shouldn't have put your head there, Mama." "You could have said 'sorry', Squeeze." "I'm sorry, Mama. But you shouldn't have put your head there."

One evening we were in Elijah's room. Elijah and I were praying while Stephanie was reading Aubrey a book. Apparently Elijah felt her behavior was irreverent because he said, "Mama, stop reading Aubrey a book while we're praying."

Stephanie was leaning on the counter, one knee propped up on a stool. Elijah exclaimed, "Mama's like a flamingo. She has one foot."

Wait, where?
Stephanie was trying to teach Elijah the months in which everyone was born. "When were you born, Squeeze?"
"June," he replied"
"When was Aubrey born?"
"I don't know."
"March."
"And Daddy was born a sinner."
Yeah, I was. Apparently Elijah is listening to his catechisms, but perhaps we're a little confused.

Pilot License
Elijah really likes watching me play with my remote control double prop helicopter. Recently he asked, "Can I fly it by myself? I promise if it flies too close to the wall, I'll turn it this way," he said, gesturing with his hands out front and tilted to the side, "so it won't crash." Seeing my skepticism, he added, "But you do it sometimes, Daddy."

Lunchtime
This past weekend my parents watched the kids while we were up at the mud hole called Lake Hartwell. He took them to Cosco, then out to lunch. My dad was planning on going to Wendy's and asked Elijah, "What can Aubrey have at Wendy's." Seeing this as opportunity to influence a decision, Elijah jumped on it, "She likes Taco Bell better." Being a huge fan, my dad liked that option, "Then we'll go to Taco Bell." Thinking twice, Elijah adds an addendum, "But Chick-fil-A would be much better." And thus, they had lunch at Chick-fil-A.

No comments: