I'm continually amazed at the difference between our two children. One used to wake up in the morning with as much noise as possible, running down the hall with elephant footsteps and throwing back every door along the way with a loud bang. One of his nicknames is the gigglig ninja, because even when he's trying to be quiet and hide somewhere, his quite audible giggling can be heard from anywhere in the house. In other words, he's never hard to find.
Our other child is nearly silent and you don't know that she's up until she's at our bedside asking for assistance to climb in our bed. Just tonight, I didn't close her door all the way when I put her to bed, and I was working on the laptop while on the living room couch. Elijah was in the bathtub and I could hear him plainly playing in the water. All of a sudden, this little arm came out from behind me and touched my shoulder. I was immediately startled and my heart lept up into throat before I realized it was my little girl smiling up at me.
No comments:
Post a Comment