Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Magic Interest

Elijah and I went to the library this afternoon to see a magician. Well, it was more a children's entertainer and a promotional for reading, but it did the trick. Elijah was spell bound as he watched "Keith's" performance, which had the kids squeezing. It was a packed room and I'm surprised that all the adults didn't leave with ringing in their ears, although I did see one little boy claps his hands over his ears.

Anyway, naturally Elijah came home wanting to do magic tricks of his own, but on our way home from the show we stopped at the Marketplace grocery store in Danielsville. Squeeze kept holding onto my pocket throughout the whole store. As we were going through the checkout line, Elijah, who is usually not very talkative to strangers, offered up the news that "we just had a new baby." the cashier seemed excited by the news, and then Elijah too her that even though the baby is now sleeping in "Daddy's room. Soon, he's going to be sleeping in my room." I think the cashier asked him if he was sweet to his new brother, to which he nodded. Its cute to see him so interested in the little guy.

No comments: