Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mi Moutze

... or something like that. She loves her Micky Mouse. Of course any time you try and get her to say something on cue, it usually comes out, "no," with a shake of the head. This rather large stuffed animal was passed along to Elijah from his cousins Jacob and Grayson. He didn't give it a whole lot of thought, mainly we used him and giant Junior Asparagus as bed borders to keep Elijah from falling in the gaps around his bed. But a few weeks ago, Aubrey found it and attached herself to it. Now, every morning it comes with her and her Baby Doll to our bedside.

The other morning we heard her cry out at 5 am, "Mama?" It didn't sound like it came from her room, and usually she doesn't call. Usually we just hear a thump and a few seconds later she's standing by our bed. so I went to investigate. It was still dark, so I walked down the hall to her room, and of course her bed was empty... well, not empty, just missing Aubrey. So I walked back down the hall, calling her name again. This time I heard her little sweet voice coming from the direction of the living room. I saw a silhouette standind in the doorway. I reached my hand out and felt, not my daughter, but a rather large stuffed mouse. Of course, hiding behind Mickey, grasping him tightly, was Aubrey. I then picked them both up and put them back to bed, telling them it was too early for mice and girls to be up.

No comments: