This past Sunday, we took Elijah to Union Baptist for VBS--round 2 for him. Of course, we ended up taking him to my parents the next day and he chose to stay the rest of the week at their house with his cousin Lucy rather than return for the rest of the week... so it was only one day for him. Anyway, the kids who attend eat there (which they apparently ate quick and poor Elijah who was trying to be good and not get a desert until after he ate his food, missed out on the chocolate cake), and so me and the rest of the family went out to dinner at Zaxby's Well, I took Aubrey in while Stephanie fed Joshua in the car. I got a Kids meal for Aubrey (a waste of money since she only ate a few fries and a bite of chicken finger) while I ate half a salad. I did get to watch her dance next to the table to the music. Is this the future of Daddy Date Nights?
We went out shopping and got back to the church several minutes after 8. Apparently we were like the last parent to pick up our kid. When Melody (a neighbor to our friend Danielle) saw us coming she told us she had asked Elijah "Where's your parents?" He apparently calmly replied, "My mom's trying to get here."
No comments:
Post a Comment