Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Car Ride Observations

So we are currently on our great trip. Yesterday, Elijah had his birthday party at school where Stephanie and Aubrey took her delicious chocolate cake (they celebrate the summer birthdays at the end of the year). Then we left for Tennessee. The kids all fell asleep in the van, but after a short nap from Elijah, he awoke confused, muttering nonsense. Once he collected himself, he admitted, "I was dreaming I was eating cupcakes."

As it got darker, Aubrey was concerned that we didn't have any "beh (bed) jammies.". Once we assured her we brought hers, she inquired about "E's." We told her we had jammies for everyone, but then she replied, "It ahmoh my behtime," (almost my bedtime).

"Ewww, look at the moon!" Elijah exclaimed from the back. Stephanie and I made a few comments, then he asked, "Can I go to the moon?" I explained that God willing and if that is something he really wanted, he could be an astronaut, or maybe technology would advance... but he cut me off with a follow-up question, "Can I go to Cybertron?"  (The Transformers home planet)

Just before we got to G-Mommy's, Elijah pipes up from the back, "You guys are the best drivers I ever had." Does he have a stash of wealth and a staff of drivers we are unaware of?

No comments: