Sunday, October 12, 2014

Aubrey's Audibles, Part 6

Fwewt Med-sin
That's what Aubrey called the fruit drink she tried at the Yellow Daisy Festival, because it was in a small plastic cup... similar to the cups we use for tylenol.

While the boys have loved taken medicine, Aubrey has had a strong aversion for the most part. But she's been willing to take Tylenol a few times. I guess it just depends on what kind of mood she's in. Like everything else.


But not too much
In September, we had our friends Jake and April over and their two little girls. Katie is not too much younger than Aubrey. Katie expressed her fondness for her friend and said, "I love you, Aubee." to which Aubrey replied, "I love you too, but when it gets dark, you have to leave."


God's Creation
Driving from church to go out to eat, Aubrey asked us from behind us in the van, "Did God make dis whole city?"

"Well," I said, "God made all the people who built this city."

"Whobody make these houses, and these cars, and these windows, and the signs, and flash lights?"


What's in my hand?
Aubrey is known to swipe things from people's houses, whether intentionally or not. As we were leaving my parent's house tonight, she voluntarily handed me a plastic vegetable. "I thought I had my shampoo," she said, referring to her pink plastic baby toy that Stephanie had already put in the car. Then she continued, "Then I looked in my hand and there were cucumbers."

I guess I would be surprised too if I mixed those up.


Where are they going?
While driving on I-85 tonight, Aubrey asked, "Are all these cars going to our house?"


The Nuzzler
That's what we call her sometimes, because she'll crawl up in your lap, or come up to your face as your sitting down and put her face to yours while sucking her thumb, and, well... nuzzle. Too cute.

No comments: