So I found out the night before, but I was able to go to Elijah's First Grade Awards Event. Like the Star Student Assembly, it was in the morning, just yesterday. They gave out two awards per class (so six in all) for each subject (Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Math) as well as additional awards like Reading, Writing, etc. There were also awards for Music, Art, Technology, and PE. I saw a few of Elijah's friends get awards. David for Technology, and Lyle for Math. Even little Jacob down the street got the Citizen Award. I was proud to see our oldest boy bring home both an Art Award and one for Writing.
And thank you, Mr. Cooper, for a great First Grade Year. I'm pretty sure you have to be the coolest teacher in the school, especially for all those young boys when you're a volunteer fire fighter on the side.
No comments:
Post a Comment