Saturday, May 16, 2015

Joshua's New Words

It's great to finally hearing the little guy talk. And talk he does, excelling daily in the words he knows and uses. He knows all our names, "Aw-bee, I-Jah, Da-de, Ma-ma." He especially knows his vehicles, "Cah, Bahs, kuck" (Car, Bus, Truck), and of course his favorite train, "Tho-miss."

The other day, he pulled out an old stuffed animal of mine from in the boys room. "Do you like the puppy?" I asked. "Puh-tee!" he exclaimed. "His name is Henry," I told him. "Ho-nee," he repeated over and over.

That very night we were on the couch and I said something about the applications on my phone, to which Jay repeated, "App-i-ta-tah." Stephanie and laughed when we heard him attempting a four syllable word. "Good job," we applauded.

Six months ago he cried and through a fit the few times we put him in the back bike seat for a quick bike ride around the block. Now he loves it, asking to go on a "Bike wie." I took him for a spin, just him and me a few Wednesday nights ago. This past Wednesday Stephanie I both took him for a ride (the other two were at Awana), and I was honored to hear that he wanted to ride behind, "Da-dee."

Apparently most mornings, as Jay watches his older sister eat her vitamins, he desires more than the single multivitamin that apparently taste so good for him. "Vitamee?" he asks excitedly. When Stephanie produced the single chewable, he begs for more. "Twoo?"

No comments: