Monday, August 22, 2016

Sparkly Unicorn

This season we decided to put both Elijah AND Aubrey into Madison County Soccer. I ended up volunteering for assistant coach on Elijah's team, The Gators (yes, Michael the head coach is a Florida Gators fan). But Aubrey's coach let the kids pick, although I didn't quite understand this at first. On the way to her second practice, she announced, "I want to be on the unicorn team." Apparently that was one girl's suggestion: The Sparkly Unicorns. I'm sure all the boys voted against that one, though.

So after soccer practice, even though I overheard several parents commenting how they enjoyed that option, Aubrey lamented that the vote didn't go her way. However, Jaguars makes a much more fearsome opponent.

Then, on the way home, my pretty little daughter tooted in the back seat and inquired, "Do you wish you were this chair?" Yeah, that was hardly sparkly unicorn behavior.

No comments: